Though both marketing angles focus on the same objective (Increasing leads / website traffic / revenue), PPC and SEO are very different from each other in many different ways. All too often do I get asked the question, “John, should I consider SEO or PPC as an addition to my marketing strategy, and why?” and my following response usually sounds like this.
PPC (Pay per click) is a sprint. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a Marathon. So to summarize before diving completely into this question…..
Which is Better, SEO or PPC?
It all depends on the long or short term goals of the campaign, there is no right or wrong answer.
- PPC Achieves Almost Instant Results
- SEO Achieves Long-Term Results
- PPC is Pay to Play
- SEO is Pay to Stay
- Both PPC and SEO Can Be Disastrous When Partnering With the Wrong Provider.
- PPC Often Suffers from Click Bots
- SEO Suffers from Possible Negative SEO.